Trout fishing finishes on the 31st October 23.
Looking to get away after work or day at home. There is usually a good fish rise in the evening.
Arrive between 5 – 6 fish until 9.30 for £15.00.
Call to let us know you are coming 077836 29714
We have boats to hire from 5th May. Please book at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 07783629714. Cost is £7.00 day per boat.
Until Covid restrictions are removed you will need to bring your own buoyancy aid & stay 1m away from each other if not from the same household. Go to for further information http://www.fishrosebery.co.uk/rules/
Fishers of Penicuik are now selling permits for fishing at Rosebery over the counter. You can buy your bait and tackle at the same time as there is no shop on site. Or you can still book direct email@example.com
Fishers are open Tuesday to Saturday 9.30 am to 5.00pm. Closed Sunday & Monday.
Midlothians Specialist Angling Store
9 John Street, Penicuik, EH26 8HN
T: 01968 672877 E: firstname.lastname@example.org W:www.fishersdirect.com
FB: www.facebook.com/fishersdirect TW: www.twitter.com/fishersdirect
Plenty of fish have been caught over the opening week of fishing. The youngsters are winning with two great rainbows! If the trout have not been taking, the pike and perch certainly have been. Fish have been caught on the fly, as well as most types of bait. No special recommendations for you !
We have just carried out our second restock of the season with 1-2lbs rainbows and some monsters rainbows and blues. The water is still low, but with all this rain we are hoping that it will start to rise. It is only bank fishing.
Thanks to everyone for continuing to protect the Grants at the cottage, we appreciate the effort to book and pay on line. If you are struggling with tech, you still need to book a date ( email@example.com or text 07783629714) but we can arrange to collect cash.
Youngsters winning on the big fish !
Best fish so far
Plenty of fish were caught on our opening weekend. This one was caught by a first timer !
Many people were happy to be back after a long wait even with the water level being low.
There are some key changes to the way we will operate for the next couple of months.
Extra care must be taken on the stone pitching and soft mud around the reservoir.
· You must purchase a permit in advance. See booking procedure. People can not just turn up on the day and expect to fish.
· Mill bank house and gardens are out of bounds please do not enter.
· There will be no boat fishing.
· There is restricted parking, please park in the designated areas. No parking at Millbank, on the dam or on the Yorkston road.
· There is no bait or flies for sale
We will need to abide by guidelines set out by the Scottish Government, SANA (The Scottish Anglers National Association) and the Angling Trust. These are as follows:
- Anyone displaying symptoms or who are in self – isolation due to a member of their household displaying symptoms should remain at home.
- There are no communal meeting points and good social distancing should be kept at all times.
- Give each other some space, there is plenty of it!
- Personal protection is the responsibility of each individual, bring your own sanitizer and PPE.
- A portlaloo is open by the boats with disinfectant available for before and after use.
- Let us know you catch returns before leaving by either text, email or phone call. Do not go to the house.
We are taking measures to try to protect everyone that visits, works or lives at the reservoir. As we all know things change, so keep on checking guidance and use you own common sense to keep everybody and yourself safe.
We are sorry that we will need to cancel the fishing from this weekend as there has been a further drop in the water. This has left very soft mud around the edge and the stone pitching too slippery to walk down. We think it is unsafe to fish and would not be a great experience.
We are going to give it 2 weeks to get some more water in the reservoir and let the banking dry out. It has not been great start to our year and we share your frustration. We are aiming for the 15th August.
Sorry that you cannot get back out and fishing at Rosebery just yet. We thank you for your patience.
We are now open to take bookings just contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, contact details (email or mobile), type of permit and date you want to fish.